The Practicum Proposal
- Choose a Practicum Course
- Online practicum proposal due Week 8 of the quarter BEFORE you begin course
- Proposal reviewed Week 9
- Receive approval Week 10 via vac.ucsd.edu
- Enroll in your Practicum course
- Pass the class
- Your degree audit will be updated the following quarter
No other submissions are required.
Submitting a Proposal
Once you have a project in mind, you will need to submit a Practicum Proposal online by Friday of WEEK 8, the quarter BEFORE you will begin your Practicum project.
- The online proposal form will ask you to reflect on
- Why you chose this Practicum
- What you will be doing in the class or internship
- How it relates to your future goals
- Only complete submissions will be eligible for review.
- Please submit one Practicum Proposal for review at a time.
- You will receive a message from the Virtual Advising Center (VAC) informing you that your proposal has been reviewed by Week 10.
If Your Proposal is Denied
- You will receive instructions on how to submit a second proposal through the VAC. Please have a back-up course/proposal in case your first choice is denied.
Changing your Practicum after Week 8
- If you need to change your proposed practicum, whether the class did not fit into your schedule or you were unable to get into the class the quarter proposed, please send a message via the VAC explaining what happened so we can help you make alternate plans.
The online proposal system closes Friday of Week 8 at 11:59pm. Absolutely no retroactive credit is allowed for the Practicum.