The Practicum Proposal
Fulfilling your Practicum GE is a three-quarter process. Read the steps below to learn more.
Alert: As of Winter 2015, departmental courses and AIP internships no longer require a Practicum proposal.
Quarter 1: Registering your Practicum
Once you have a project in mind, you will need to submit an online Practicum Proposal by Friday of WEEK 8, the quarter BEFORE you will begin your Practicum-eligible class.
- The online proposal form will ask you to reflect on
- Why you chose this Practicum
- What you will be doing in the class or internship
- How it relates to your future goals
- Only complete submissions will be eligible for review
- Please submit one Practicum Proposal for review at a time
- Proposals are reviewed WEEK 9
- You will receive a message from the Virtual Advising Center informing you that your proposal has been reviewed by WEEK 10
The online proposal system closes Friday of Week 8 at 11:59pm.
Absolutely no retroactive credit is allowed for the Practicum.
If Your Proposal is Denied
- You will receive instructions on how to submit a second proposal through the Virtual Advisor Center. Please have a back-up course/proposal in case your first choice is denied.
Changing your Practicum after Week 8
- If you need to change your proposed practicum, whether the class did not fit into your schedule or you were unable to get into the class the quarter proposed, please send a message via the Virtual Advisor Center explaining what happened so we can help you make alternate plans.
Quarter 2: Take your Practicum
- Make sure you are enrolled in the class you proposed for your Practicum by the Add/Drop Deadline
- Pass the class
- No other submissions are required
Quarter 3: Updating Your Transcript
- Your degree audit is updated the quarter AFTER you pass the class
- Contact the Practicum Advisor via the Virtual Advising Center if your degree audit still has not been updated by Week 5
Great options for your Practicum!